(2) To provide financial support to current graduating seniors at Franklin High
School, Franklin, NC.
The scholarship is intended to defray some of the costs and expenses involved in the recipient's first year
in post-secondary education. Funds are provided directly to the recipient's chosen school and can be
used to cover any academic costs, including room and board, tuition, books, or student fees.
Persons eligible to receive scholarships from the Scholarship Endowment shall possess the following qualifications.
(1) be a graduate of Franklin High School,
(2) have participated extensively in and excelled at athletics at Franklin High School as documented
by the school’s athletic department;
(3) have demonstrated exemplary character as recommended by teachers and coaches;
(4) have shown academic effort commensurate with their abilities as recommended by classroom
Financial need and other scholarships already received as documented by the
school’s guidance department will be considered.
Notes: Two non board-affiliated voting members of the community are required by IRS and
the NC Community Foundation regulations for the selection of scholarship recipients.
Individuals who hold these voting positions each have a vote equal to the Friends of Tom Raby, Inc
Board of Directors for this purpose.
|YEAR||Tom Raby Scholarship||Walt Scruggs Scholarship|
|2005||Co-Winners Beth Long and Ben Savaiko|
|2006||Tiffany Allen and Kayla Morgan|
|2007||Co-Winners Chris LeQuire and Carrie Long|
|2008||Jena Cabe and Jason Erxleban|
|2010||Kyle Peck||Scott Oosthuysen|
Lindsay Simpson and Thomas Francis Evans
Aaron Jordan Howell
For Information about Scholarship Applications contact either:
The FHS Guidance Department or the Athletic Director
Franklin High School
100 Panther Drive, Franklin, NC 28734
Home Biography The Scholarship The Tournament Testimonials Organization